- We live in Crown Center and have seen lots of changes over the 30+ years we’ve lived there but one particular event is what I want to talk about.
- Several years ago a small rock festival started on the grounds of the Liberty Memorial and it seemed like a nice community event. They called it the Rockfest.
- Over the years the event grew and grew to the point where it became a nuisance to the people living in the area and did a tremendous amount of damage to the park and grounds around the Memorial.
- On year we had lots of rain before and during the event and the parks grounds were totally decimated. That was the last straw and from then on I made it my mission to move the Festival to another place.
- After a year or two of putting up signs, getting signatures, meeting with the promotor, Park Board, Liberty Memorial Board and the local folks in the neighborhood we got it moved.
- The point I want to make is that if you elect me I will work tirelessly to make wrongs right and NEVER EVER QUIT!